Description Calf Milk Pasteur HT250
The HT 250 Pasteur is a compact high temperature pasteurizer for calf milk. It operates in a continuous flow with an average capacity of 250 litres per hour.
Our pasteuriser has been specially developed to meet the requirements of calf rearing in the milk phase.
Its special feature is steam heating. Now colostrum and mixed colostrum can also be pasteurised from the second milking without clumping. The remaining first colostrum can be pasteurised in the mixed colostrum.
Effective germ reduction for calf milk
- By steam heating with 73.5°C and 30 seconds holding time
- The heating and cooling time is always only a few seconds and thus avoids germ multiplication during pasteurisation, compared to long time pasteurisation at 60-63°C.
- no additional recontamination because of closed system
Fully automatic process sequence of all functions, such as:
- Pasteurization (the start times can be defined in the individual schedule), cleaning, preservation, rinsing, descaling, etc.
Variable pasteurisation quantities (from 5 litres), can be adapted to the farm's own time schedules
Precise and safe technology
- With computer interfaces for service functions and remote maintenance
- The thermal energy of the hot pasteurised milk is recovered in a countercurrent process and used to preheat the raw milk to be pasteurised.
Healthy and happy-growing calves
- The particularly effective reduction of germs enables safe feeding with colostrum, mixed colostrum and whole milk, thus ensuring a species-specific diet for a healthy start.
- Diarrhoea problems and other diseases are significantly reduced also in comparison to externally heated container pasteurizers (long-term at 60-63°C)
- The health of your calves continues with optimal daily increases, as the basis for a healthy dairy herd and for a high life expectancy of your future cows. In this way, the evolutionary potential of colostrum is fully exploited for the health of the calves.
Easy handling and less waiting time
- Intuitive operation
- The milk can be fed immediately
- No waiting times for milk cooling
- Creates new freedom for the care and observation of your calves
Lower calf rearing costs
- Saves milk replacer
- Saves nursing costs for illnesses, medication and veterinary costs
- Heat recovery saves energy for pasteurisation and all water for milk cooling.
- Automation saves you time and effort
Our stationary pasteuriser can automatically feed the milk to the calf feeder via a stub line. There the calf can serve itself as needed several times a day. The HT 250 pasteuriser can thus benefit from all the present and future advantages of automated calf feeding technology. In contrast to mobile container pasteurisers, which return to the bucket drinker. Here the milk has to be delivered to each individual calf twice a day. This ties up ever scarcer work resources and is nutritionally disadvantageous.
Innovation Award 2016 for
Martin Förster Milk Pasteur
Customer experience with the HT250 milk pasteuriser for calf milk
“We have been using the pasteuriser from Martin Förster GmbH in our company for over four years. Before that, we had pasteurised at 60°C using a standard process. The calves are significantly healthier and happier than in the past only when effectively pasteurised mixed colostrum and whole milk are added in a high-temperature process. My experience is that the health of the entire herd has been sustainably improved through optimal care in the most important phase of the calves' lives.
This year, for the first time, we had a significant additional profit from our heifer sales. The Ranzig agricultural cooperative produces 6.5 million litres a year and was able to earn the equivalent of 2 cents per litre more milk money through the additional sale of heifers. (Sept., 2018)"
Christian Rußig, Head of Animal Production, Ranzig Agricultural Cooperative in Brandenburg
“We want to use all the advantages of whole milk drinks for our calves in the first days of their lives and for the larger breeding calves. For this we need pasteurisation that reliably minimises the pathogens. Since the introduction of the ad-libitum drinkers and the simultaneous use of the pasteuriser from Martin Förster GmbH, our calves have become more vital, more cheerful and have very good daily gains."
Isolde Thielemann, Head of the Young Animal Division, Linda Agricultural Cooperative in Thuringia
“Until now we have used container pasteurisers with 60°C in a long-term process. Since March 2018 we have been using the Pasteur HT 250 for our calves from the first week. Compared to conventional pasteurisation, this results in an economic improvement in terms of time savings and labour retention. Feed-related diarrhoea in the calves has decreased significantly. This effect was already noticeable 2 weeks after commissioning. We are very satisfied with the Pasteur HT 250. The handling is clear and simple".
Mandy Lange, Head of dairy cattle plant, BUDISSA Agrarprodukte GmbH Preititz/Kleinbautzen
And this is how the HT250 works
The raw milk is sucked out of the storage tank with the milk pump (1), then pulsatingly pumped into the heat exchanger (2a) where it is preheated to 50 – 60 °C. The milk is then heated to 50 – 60 °C by the heat exchanger (2a).
It is then transferred in small quantities to the injection container (3). Here the milk is heated exactly to the pasteurisation temperature of 73.5 °C with the incoming steam. The steam is distributed quickly and evenly in the milk.
This prevents partial overheating. The pulsating movement is continued until the end of the process and supports even heat distribution.
The milk then flows into the Teflon (2b) hot holder spiral and remains there for up to 30 seconds. Immediately afterwards, the pasteurised milk is quickly cooled to drinking temperature in the heat exchanger (2a) and, if necessary, preserved by automatically adding a preservative.
The functions of the HT250 are summarized in this video
Additional benefits – Steam lance
It is supplied and controlled by the HT 250.
The practical additional benefits are: